Classes de Mer
Lou Riou in Saint-Tropez welcomes school classes for children from 6 years upwards and offers a free specially tailor made itinerary and schedule over 5 days for each school with reduced group rates for children.
An example programme might include:
Beginners introduction and sailing lessons with our partner, the sailing school ‘L’Ecole de Voiles des Canebiers’ (course of 3 x 3 hour sessions):
How to handle an optimist, a small sailing dinghy designed for children to navigate solo or in twos, under the guidance and supervision of a fully qualified sailing instructor (Brevet d’État Voile) one instructor per 12 school children/students..
Discovering the local fauna & flora local of the Mediterranean climate.
– The Neptune sea grasses ‘Poseidonia’ or the different species of trees with a guide from the Coastal Conservatory (length of visit 2 hours. Free of charge). Open to children from 8 years upwards.
– Guided visit to the natural habitat of the beach ‘Les Salins’ with a specialist guide from the Marine Observatory.
Activity accessible for children from 6 years upwards.
– Fishing and rock pooling from the shore: Discover the living creatures who inhabit the shore and rock pools. Create your own marine aquarium to observe your catch more closely.
–Beachcombing for treasures: searching, collecting, discovering and classifying the flotsam and jetsam washed up on to the
– Coastal flora (observation, classification and identification of how coastal vegetation adapts to their habitat by the sea). A nature walk with a local warden.
– Sainte-Maxime by water taxi. (From school 2nd cycle classes) 20 minute crossing with the « Bateaux Verts » from the Saint-Tropez harbour.
– Under water marine observation in an Aquascope boat. Workshop with the local lifeguard sea rescue service.
Walking along the 14km coastal trail with a children’s leader:
Discover the long stretches of white sandy beaches, small coves and
inlets perfect for rock pool fishing. Suitable for young children.
Fishing from the beach, orienteering in the pine woods, quiz trails.
Also cultural visits to the local museums in Saint-Tropez (La Citadel, l’Annonciade museum, The Butterfly exhibition…)